Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Movies About Writers & Writing

Do you like watching movies or documentaries about writers and writing? So do I. Check out this great list of 200 Movies About Writers and Writing provided by Susan Taylor Brown. Although I've already several of them, there are many I just added to my wishlist. I currently subscribe to NetFlix and there were several movies I didn't find listed there, but as I check more movies off my list, perhaps I'll search elsewhere for the movies later. We also subscribe to movies through Comcast, but it's so difficult to search for movies there that it reminds me that we need to cancel this!

One of my favorite movies about writing is Freedom Writers because it shows the (nonfiction) power of writing to change lives. It's a true story that was amazing enough to inspire a book. It was a book that was compelling enough to fund a movie. And it's about a teacher who was driven enough to inspire the Freedom Writers Foundation!

Another one of my favorite movies about an author is someone who is also a political activist, an attorney, and a four-time candidate for the President of the United States. I really enjoyed learning more about Ralph Nader in An Unreasonable Man. I hope he runs again. If so, he has my vote!

Do you have a favorite movie about writers or writing? Or do you know of another good list of movies about writers or writing? If so, please leave a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment